Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Anyone Can Be a Designer


In general, I like my blog to be all about positivity. However, when my dear friend Jason alerted me to Chloe Sevigny's new line of clothing, I knew a rant was in order. I have long loathed Chloe Sevigny's unique and almost unequivocally figure unflattering fashion sense. Ms. Sevigny's wardrobe abominations and reluctance to powder her nose have gained her the rare status of "frequent offender" on the Go Fug Yourself site (my favorite guilty pleasure). Some would argue that Ms. Sevigny is a fashion impresario and if one sticks to the dictionary definition of "a person who puts on or sponsors an entertainment," this could be an accurate description. I'm just trying to imagine if Marc Jacobs or top American fashion designer Michael Kors or those cuties Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough at Proenza Schouler are amused by Ms. Sevigny's audacity at assuming the role of designer. I know it chaps my a** when type bastardizing buffoons with a cracked copy of Photoshop call themselves graphics (with an "s") designers.

By the way, the look above is the most tasteful of the entire collection.

2 comments:

joe*to*hell said...

i came here via jason's referral...so i assume it is safe to say vile things.

the best chloe EVER looked in anything was when she was wearing vincent gallo's dick in her mouth in the brown bunny.

oh - check DW's comments, since i left one about your photo with jason....

Anonymous said...

omg, I was going to also make a Brown Bunny reference but Joe beat me to it!!!

(I also arrived via DoddleWhore...)