Thursday, January 17, 2008

What's Missing from Project Runway 4

My good friend Jason at DoodleWhore just sent me this clip of Santino's signature Tim Gunn impersonation. I remember Santino being such a jerk, but so hilarious that I never wanted to miss an episode of PR Season 2. There's something about this season's PR that lacks the lightness and exuberance (to use some of Tim Gunn's favorite descriptors) of the past seasons. I hate to face the possibility that PR is growing tired and old and that Tim's "Make it work" is coming out a bit half-hearted, but I fear that this very thing may be happening. Tim, you are my pedagogical idol. Your mix of encouragement and brutal honesty strikes the perfect balance between support of your students when they are on the right track and stern warning when they are about to falter. Please don't continue to do PR if it's getting lame: you have far too much quality, taste and style for that.

1 comment:

Doodle Whore said...

I couldn't have summed it up better. This whole season has been a bit of a drag. And I want to sit on top of Nina Garcia and brush her hair so bad. Bring back Wendy Pepper! Kidding.