Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Posh as Mulch

I am neither a very experienced, nor competent, gardener, but I like to read books by them. I also have an ongoing fantasy that my rather barren backyard houses a lovely potager overflowing with colorful chard, sweet sugar snap peas, and an array of fragrant herbs. Alas, my backyard contains no such thing, but I did work up the motivation to stick a few tomatoes and peppers in the ground. I've heard from serious gardeners that newspaper makes great mulch and, hey, what a wonderful form of recycling.

So when I planted my little tomatoes a few weeks ago, I had the serendipitous experience of using Posh as mulch. I love that Juergen Teller shot Victoria Beckham being devoured by a giant Marc Jacobs shopping bag. Truth be told, I don't always get Juergen Teller, but I certainly appreciate his twisted sense of humor on this one. Besides, Posh always looks so extreme and alien-like with that ironed bob and skeletal face, but one can't deny that the gal has great gams.

No comments: